Re: [O] babel, executing code in background process

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] babel, executing code in background process
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 15:55:42 -0700

Hi Erik,

Currently there is not (to my knowledge) any support for asynchronous
code block evaluation.  The one possible exception could be ob-screen
which I mention only because I don't really know anything about it.

This would certainly be a worthwhile feature to add to Org-mode code
blocks, however a good implementation (easy to use, robust and
cross-language) will be non-trivial to implement.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/