Re: [O] adding custom org-keymaps for EVIL Vim emulator

From: Herbert Sitz
Subject: Re: [O] adding custom org-keymaps for EVIL Vim emulator
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 23:59:23 +0000 (UTC)

Herbert Sitz <hesitz <at> gmail.com> writes:

> (define-minor-mode evil-org-mode
> "minor mode to add evil keymappings to Org-mode."
> :keymap (make-sparse-keymap)
> (evil-local-mode t))

Whoops, I left out the earlier lines to load and enable Evil. They are
below.  I commented out the (evil-mode 1), which enables evil-mode
in all buffers and instead call evil-local-mode in the hook function
that's called when a buffer is set to 'org' type.  I assume there's
some better way to do this, since I do want to use Evil mode in
most buffers, not just org buffers.  But I was having problems in
the date-editing mini buffer if I had (evil-mode 1) so I took the
easy way of getting rid of that. . .

Also, Evil must of course be installed before you can do these
custom mappings. Here's home page for Evil:
https://gitorious.org/evil/pages/Home

vvvvv  below to be in .emacs file vvvvv
--------------------------------
(add-to-list 'load-path "c:/Program Files (x86)/Emacs/emacs/lisp/evil")
   (require 'evil)
   ; comment out line below to activate evil only in org-buffers
   ;(evil-mode 1)

; lines above go in .emacs above lines from previous post, which
; start as. . .

(define-minor-mode evil-org-mode
"minor mode to add evil keymappings to Org-mode."
:keymap (make-sparse-keymap)
(evil-local-mode t))

[. . .]