[O] Issue tracking habits?

From: François Pinard
Subject: [O] Issue tracking habits?
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 22:34:18 -0500

Hi, Org people.

Presumably, many of you once used, or are still using Org mode to track
(programming) issues, like bugs, problems, ideas.  I wonder if some
wisdom developed about how to proceed, that would be worth sharing.

I have a reasonable familiarity with TODO-like keywords and cycling,
tags, drawers, etc.  So, I'm not looking for Org mode basics, but rather
for conventions about organizing these concepts fruitfully.

It is easy for me to manage with my simple own ways, while playing with
a small amount of issues.  But I have the impression that it would not
scale nicely unless I stop exploring and stick to some stricter
discipline.  No doubt that time will progressively teach me how to best
proceed.  Yet, the experience of others may significantly speed up my
wandering, so this letter! :-).

François