Re: [O] Bug: Org-mode don't export to html footnotes references inside f

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Org-mode don't export to html footnotes references inside footnotes as such. [7.8.03]
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 13:43:13 +0100

Hello,

address@hidden (Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro) writes:

> Consider the following org code:
>
> --
> This is only a text.[1]
>
> [1] This is a text body's footnote.[2]
> [2] This is a footnote's footnote.
> --
>
> When org-mode exports this code to html, despite the fact that
> footnote 2 is present in the final document, it don't exports
> footnote 2 reference as a link to footnote 2; it's exported just
> like plain text.

There's no official support for nested footnotes in current exporter.
Implementing it would be non trivial (it may be for the HTML back-end,
but clearly not for the LaTeX one).  Since we're working on a new export
engine, I don't think it's worth the effort.

Though, your report made me implement it in the experimental exporter.
Thank you.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou