Re: [O] missing appointments

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] missing appointments
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 14:43:27 -0500

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Memnon Anon <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> >> ;; wrong
> >> (setq org-appt-timer (run-at-time "00:01" nil (function
> >> org-agenda-to-appt)))
> > [...]
> >> o finally, I would like to add a call at midnight every day to
> >>   recalculate appointments for the next day - unfortunately, the call
> >>   above is not correct, so for now I do it manually with an
> >>   org-agenda-redo as above.  One of these days I'll get that fixed. If
> >>   anybody has done that already, I'll gladly steal your code :-)
> >
> > http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#sec-14-1
> >
> > Memnon
>
> Heh!  Even I had to look that up... and it's my document!
>
> For the list archives I think this is the relevant part of the above
> link (since the sec-14-1 is likely to change in the future)
>
> ; If we leave Emacs running overnight - reset the appointments one minute
> after midnight
> (run-at-time "24:01" nil 'bh/org-agenda-to-appt)
>
> This originally came from Carsten Dominik years ago ... when I was
> setting up my appt for the first time.
>
> Thanks Carsten!

Thanks, Memnon! And Bernt and Carsten (and also Russell Adams who had it in
the hack I mentioned yesterday)!

I'm not sure I understand how it works, but I've added it (plus some
debugging) and we'll see how it goes: is the "24:01" a relative time or
an absolute time? I can't make heads or tails of the run-at-time doc.
And what reschedules it for next time? Doesn't the timer fire once (if REPEAT
is nil) and then it's done? I remember I had some misconceptions
about run-at-time before and these are probably more misconceptions on
my part. One of these days, I'll dust the cobwebs out (but they keep
returning...)

Nick