Re: [O] [babel] Editing 'quote' source blocks in artist mode

From: Thorsten
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Editing 'quote' source blocks in artist mode
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 17:50:28 +0100

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Thorsten <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

>> > That's a feature, not a bug:
>>

>> A quote might be a fixed-width-region inside an org document, but who
>> wants to edit a textual quote in picture/artitst mode?
>>

> Nobody - I was just pointing out that we (at least, Gustav and I do) get
> this behavior and that's consistent with the code.  OTOH, we *don't* all
> get the same behavior with #+begin/end_quote and the behavior you get is
> inconsistent with the code: you get picture mode, Gustav and I get
> (confusing) questions about opening a file with ffap.
>
>> Quotes are almost always text imho.
>>

> Not sure what the "best" solution is: sometimes they are ascii art and
> having picture mode on is helpful, sometimes they are text and some kind
> of text mode would be more appropriate. But they could really be anything
> so *any* choice is bound to disappoint at some point/time and I'm not sure
> org can be prescient enough TDRT all the time.

I seem to remember that before my shift to emacs24 I just used
quote-blocks and they were in text mode and I thought that was allright
as default behaviour. Actually, I did not even notice what mode I was
in, because it felt so natural to edit the quote as text.

I'm not really into this, its a bit strange, and might be just a special
problem with my emacs installation/configuration.

--
cheers,
Thorsten