Re: [O] [babel] Editing 'quote' source blocks in artist mode

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Editing 'quote' source blocks in artist mode
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:37:37 -0500

Thorsten <address@hidden> wrote:

> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Gustav Wikström <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> Just tried this and I can confirm both your bugs.
> >>
> >> calling org-edit-special on the following line gives artist-mode (or
> >> whatever it is called..):
> >>
> >> : some text
> >>

> > That's a feature, not a bug:
>

> A quote might be a fixed-width-region inside an org document, but who
> wants to edit a textual quote in picture/artitst mode?

Nobody - I was just pointing out that we (at least, Gustav and I do) get
this behavior and that's consistent with the code.  OTOH, we *don't* all
get the same behavior with #+begin/end_quote and the behavior you get is
inconsistent with the code: you get picture mode, Gustav and I get
(confusing) questions about opening a file with ffap.

> Quotes are almost always text imho.

Not sure what the "best" solution is: sometimes they are ascii art and
having picture mode on is helpful, sometimes they are text and some kind
of text mode would be more appropriate. But they could really be anything
so *any* choice is bound to disappoint at some point/time and I'm not sure
org can be prescient enough TDRT all the time.

Nick