Re: [O] [babel] Editing 'quote' source blocks in artist mode

From: Thorsten
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Editing 'quote' source blocks in artist mode
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 10:39:53 +0100

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Thorsten <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> Hi list,
>> when I want to edit text inside a 'quote' source block, I find myself in
>> picture/artist mode with wild key rebindings, e.g.:
>>
>> ,---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>> | RET (translated from <return>) runs the command artist-key-set-point,
>> | which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `artist.el'.
>> |
>> | It is bound to RET.
>> |
>> | (artist-key-set-point &optional ARG)
>> |
>> | Set a point for the current shape.  With optional ARG, set the last point.
>> `---------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> I don't think thats the intended behaviour? Shouldn't the edit buffer
>> rather be in fundamental mode or something like this?
>> To reproduce this:
>>
>> ,-----------------------------
>> | <q tab
>> | then inside the source block
>> | C-c '
>> `-----------------------------
>>
>> My system data:
>> "GNU Emacs 24.0.93.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
>>  of 2012-02-07 on arch
>> Org-mode version 7.8.03
>> Ma Gnus v0.2"
>>

> I can't reproduce it.
>
> Is C-c ' (still) bound to org-edit-special?

Yes, it is.

> C-h f org-edit-special RET says
>
> ,----
> | org-edit-special is an interactive Lisp function in `org.el'.
> |
> | (org-edit-special &optional ARG)
> |
> | Call a special editor for the stuff at point.
> | When at a table, call the formula editor with `org-table-edit-formulas'.
> | When at the first line of an src example, call `org-edit-src-code'.
> | When in an #+include line, visit the include file.  Otherwise call
> | `ffap' to visit the file at point.
> `----
>
> and I get the ffap behavior in a quote block (not that that's particularly
> attractive either).
>
> Did you try it emacs -q? Maybe it's a customization of yours.

I tried that too, and again the edit buffer was in artist mode.
I use the emacs24-starter-kit now, so not all customisations are mine.
But I can't see anything that sets edit buffers in artist mode.

Might that be related with openwith mode? I have that activated
globally. But it shouldn't happen with emcas -q then.

--
cheers,
Thorsten