Re: [O] Question: split up files for subprojects using taskjuggler-expor

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: [O] Question: split up files for subprojects using taskjuggler-export (tj3)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:39:38 +0100

Hi

address@hidden writes:

> I am looking for a solution to split one project into sub-projects, so
> I can distribute the project into sub-files as suggested here:
> http://groups.google.com/group/taskjuggler-users/browse_thread/thread/a98489a0e343ddac

The export of org-mode to taskjuggler can be taken pretty far and can
handle big projects. It is meant for people comfortable with org-mode
that like to work within org-mode. However not all concepts in org-mode
for example have a corresponding concept in taskjuggler and vice versa.
The exporter tries to bridge this mismatch in some cases and ignores
others.

So, what I'm saying is that if you want the full power of taskjuggler
then by all means go for it (i.e. hack your stuff in it directly). If
you want the convenience of org-mode then stay with it and try to
organize the project within org-mode. IMHO using org-mode lessens the
need to structure the projects into sub-files as org-mode is less
verbose and inherently more structured.

If you still would like to split you project some more I'd try to do
something using (tj) include statements, e.g. defining them as your
default reports.

Hope that helps.

Christian

--