Re: [O] Talks about Org Babel

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Talks about Org Babel
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 09:28:32 -0700

Hi Carsten,

I was also asked to give a talk in relation to our recent paper (by the
high performance computing group at my university).  My talk will be on
March 25th, and I have not yet begun to prepare slides, but I will
certainly share them with you once I get started.  I'll likely keep them
in a public git repository on github -- I'll follow up to this email
once I've created the repository.

I'm planning on using epresent [1] to run my presentation directly from
an Org-mode file as that way I should be able to run demos directly from
the presentation, but such a file should likely also be useful for
export to Beamer.

Cheers,

> Dear all,
>
> a colleague from the computer science department of our university
> saw our paper about Org-mode in the Journal of Statistical Software,
> and has asked me to give a seminar about it.
>
> I myself only make limited use of Org Babel myself, and I would
> have to start from scratch to prepare that presentation.  So I was
> wondering if anyone here has already given talks about Org Babel,
> and if there is some material (Slides and examples good for a talk)
> that I could use to get a fast start.
>
> Thanks
>
> - Carsten

Footnotes: