Re: [O] multilingual presentation with org

From: brian powell
Subject: Re: [O] multilingual presentation with org
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 12:23:53 -0500

* http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-10/msg01534.html

=>

** epresent.el by Eric http://github.com/eschulte/epresent  "(instructions in the README)"

** s5 <=> org-s5    http://github.com/sigma/org-s5

*** Quoting verbatim:
> I think I'll probably stick with Beamer export for my serious
> presentations, but I like the idea and simplicity of being to run simple
> presentations directly from within Emacs.

"S5 and other HTML slide show frameworks have (at least) one great
advantage over Beamer, one can embed (there are at least two ways) SVG
image, which is quite hard with LaTeX/Beamer duo"

* One very simple way to make presentations in EMACS (that I did in a grad school presentation--worked well) :

Put a unique breakpoint in your presentation document like a string "=====" one per page and/or sections you want to talk about during class/sing along.
Then simply do Control-s (search for string) ===== at the beginning of the presentation
Then to "turn the page"/go to the next/previous "slide" is simply a matter of repeating Cs and/or Cr (search-string-backwards) once per slide (song stanza in your case).

** KISS method == Keep It Simple/Stupid

* Now, I know Nick and Jambunathan set up the method to put the translation side-by-side; but, how did they do that? Can't find it in this thread (if I may call it that) "[O] multilingual presentation with org"--is there a link to how you set up the English<=>Sanskrit side-by-side?

> Any thoughts/suggestions?

A two-column beamer presentation perhaps?

Nick