[O] ?? While taking note, capture a note with reciprocal links to/from c

From: lngndvs
Subject: [O] ?? While taking note, capture a note with reciprocal links to/from current location
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 19:54:03 -0800

  I am studying some text in an org file, some comments from a colleague
  on a research project.  I need to do a little google search about a
  term (something that happens quite often).  It would be convenient to
  produce a note elsewhere, perhaps in a different file, or perhaps
  under a different top-level heading in the same file, with a note to
  the term where the cursor is (let's say I've selected it as the
  region).   I want to capture some notes, perhaps some quite copious
  notes, and when done I would like reciprocal links to bind these
  bits.  Then I can take some good notes on the terms or the topic in
  my colleague's notes, and return, and so forth.

  I could do this, and it's not too difficult.  However, it would be
  *very* helpful to do this with one capture event.  Does a facility
  exist for this?

  Let me say that I think it does, and it relates to the %a element of a
  template.  However, I would like permanent links, say of the
  current region to the note resulting from the capture event, and vise
  versa.

  I thought of footnotes, but this footnote could end up being a whole
  chapter, or a small section, in a report!

  Thank you for any suggestions.  I apologize in advance, because I'm
  sure this is no challenge for the gurus on this list.

  Alan Davis