Re: [O] [ANN] ASCII back-end for new export engine

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] ASCII back-end for new export engine
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 20:22:53 -1000

Hi Nicolas,

I couldn't make this work.

> address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
>> The old exporter recognized LaTeX commands for accented characters.  So,
>> \=o in the Org mode file would yield \={o} in the LaTeX file.  The new
>> exporter gives $\backslash$=o for this construct.
>
> Indeed, the parser recognizes LaTeX commands and environments, but is
> more strict with other LaTeXisms.
>
>> How does the new
>> LaTeX exporter recognize accented characters?
>
> The Org way (portable across major back-ends) to handle this is to
> define an new entity, and name it for example "omacr"[1]. You can
> then access it with \omacr in your buffer.

I defined a new entity in org-entities-user, but the new exporter
appears to ignore it.  Does it look at this variable, or just
org-entities?

I played around a bit with entities defined in org-entities, and these
do transcode properly.  How do I get one in the middle of a word?  If I
leave a space after the entity, the space ends up in the output.  If I
don't leave a space, the entity isn't recognized.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye