Re: [O] Visibilty of inline tasks

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Visibilty of inline tasks
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 21:34:28 +0100

Hi Marc-Oliver,

Marc-Oliver Ihm wrote:
> Am 16.12.2010 14:26, schrieb Sébastien Vauban:
>> Though that is written in =org-inlinetask.el=:
>>
>> ;; Visibility cycling exempts these nodes from cycling.  So whenever their
>> ;; parent is opened, so are these tasks.
>>
>> I have the impression that, up to a couple of days ago, the inlined headlines
>> were showed in the =children= view, such as:

>> * TODO Write document
>> ** TODO Write intro
>> ** TODO Write code
>> *************** WAIT Ask the client about specs
>> ** TODO Write conclusion
>>
>> Am I right?
>>
>> - If yes, could it be back like that?
>> - If no, would others as well be interested in such a behavior?
>
> as far as I can see, Sebastien description still applies. This behaviour
> (bug ?) makes it hard to work with inline-tasks (which I do alot), because
> once I open the topmost node, all subheadings with any inline task are
> opened too, regardless how depp they are nested. This makes it nearly
> impossible to get an overview about the contents of the node.
>
> So: This problem still seems to be around.

What I described was the impression that:

- before December, inline tasks were shown when TAB'ing
- at some point in December, they were not anymore. That's wrong. And I had
  mixed impressions because I saw them when C-c / t'ing for tasks inside a
  document.

In fact, I share your point of view: as they don't participate to document
structure (that's why they're inline tasks), they should not be made visible
when cycling. That's not the current behavior.

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban