Re: [O] Way to replace normal tabular env with booktabs?

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Way to replace normal tabular env with booktabs?
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 16:54:29 +0100

Hello,

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Carsten Dominik
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> On Jan 13, 2012, at 3:52 PM, Niels Giesen wrote:
>>
>>> There is a patch from me waiting to be incorporated into org mode that lets
>>> one use booktabs as export for normal org tables.
>>>
>>> You can find it @ http://patchwork.newartisans.com/patch/1016/
>>
>> Hi NIels,
>>
>> I am looking now at this patch, and maybe it would be better to implement
>> these three variables as one, holding a property or association list?  Makes
>> it easily extendable.
>>
>> Equally important - it would be great if you could try to implement this
>> same change in the new exporter engine from Nicolas, to ensure that the new
>> exporter will not lag behind.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> - Carsten
>>

> Any new thoughts on this? It would be great if this could be adjusted
> as mentioned and merged into org-mode! I'm still using the current
> patch from Niels in a separate branch because I like it so much!

I looked at the patch. I think the three variables expose too much Org
internals to the user.  It would be simpler to make use of
`org-export-latex-tabular-environment' with a "booktabs" value. Also
and #+attr_latex: booktabs should transform the table into
a booktab-table locally.

If Niels Giesen (CC'ed) doesn't mind, I will implement a modified
version of his changes for the new exporter, in a couple of days.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou