Re: [O] empty footnotes in ODT export

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] empty footnotes in ODT export
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 00:14:26 +0530

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> I've started using the ODT exporter, which is great except that files
> with footnotes export empty footnotes: the in-text links and footnote
> sections at the bottom of the pages are in place, but the text of the
> footnote itself is empty.
>
> I can't think of anything special about my org file setup, including how
> I use footnotes, or how I export. I have no `org-footnote-section' set,
> so the footnotes collect at the bottom of each section. I thought it
> might be because the file I'm working on now has a lot of Chinese in the
> footnotes, but this happens with all my files. I'm just using the 'o'
> key from the export dispatcher.
>
> Umm… I can't think of anything else. Can I provide any more info? Anyone
> else seeing this?

Eric
Next time, please provide an example org file and possible settings for
reproducing the bug.

Nicolas
Fix is in your court. Here is my analysis.

Read on ....

Disable footnote section.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (setq org-footnote-section nil)
#+end_src

Install this advice.

(defadvice org-export-preprocess-string
  (after my-org-export-preprocess-string activate)
  "Org buffer as seen by ODT exporter."
  (message "---- BEGIN ---")
  (message "%s"  ad-return-value)
  (message "---- END ---")
  ad-return-value)

Export the attached footnote.org. Note that at the end of pre-process
footnote definition appear *before* the first footnote reference.

,---- POST-PREPROCESS
| ---- BEGIN ---
|

| *  Headline1
|   See footnote-1[1]
|
| [1] Footnote defintion-1.
|
| *  Headline 2
|   See footnote-2[2]
|
| [2] Footnote definition-2.
|  [2 times]
| ---- END ---
`----

Apply the attached path to org-footnote.el. Refer my notes in the patch.
(OK, not really a patch. But a hint.)

,---- POST-PREPROCESS
| ---- BEGIN ---
|
| [1] Footnote defintion-1.