Re: [O] Summary of syntax?

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] Summary of syntax?
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 10:16:52 +0100

On 2 Feb 2012, at 10:10, Tassilo Horn wrote:

I wanted to know more about this syntax (colon at the start of the
line), so I went to the manual and searched for it.

Here it is.

,----[ (info "(org)Literal examples") ]
| For simplicity when using small examples, you can also start
| the example lines with a colon followed by a space. There may also be
| additional whitespace before the colon:
|
|      Here is an example
|         : Some example from a text file.
`----

Thanks a lot (and thanks Jambunathan K as well).

Unfortunately I could not find it, nor could I find a summary of the
syntax for org files.

Is there a syntax reference card somewhere?

Not that I know of...

This would be most useful: I don't think I could have found this by myself, except knowing the name of what I was searching for. Maybe I should do it (it would be a nice way to really learn the syntax).

Alan