Re: [O] taskjuggler (tj3) export issues and proposals

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: [O] taskjuggler (tj3) export issues and proposals
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 09:23:51 +0100

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

>> First off let me say that I'm using the taskjuggler exporter with tj3,
>> so it should work.
>>

> This statement seems to indicate that org may work out of the box with tj3.

Well if you take it out of the box it doesn't work with tj3. You need to
adapt the target version and the default reports. I think it might be
time to change this since most distros do not have taskjuggler2.4
anymore (except Debian stable is still happily using it) and tj2.4
doesn't even run on Windows or Mac.

>> The exporter just makes the task_id locally unique. That's what tj
>> expects. From your usage I guess that you have a lot of tasks with the
>> same name (probably within different hierarchies). Both methods you
>> outline could be implemented. Which one is more general?
>>

> Maybe "parent_headline_task_headline"? But that gets tricking for:
>
> * Task Container
> ** Send product samples to X
> ** Send product samples to Y
> ** Send product samples to Z
>
> Append a number? My files are not [too] complex; perhaps the exporter
> should be done while thinking of how org might have worked for the
> Fedora tj example
> (http://www.taskjuggler.org/tj3/examples/Fedora-20/f-20.tjp).

I had a look at the Fedora tj example. This is using tj to the max. It
might not be a good use case for the tj exporter :-). But to understand
your use case, could you maybe send me some example org files of yours,
so I could look at them (off-list if you like)

Thanks
Christian

--
Christian Egli