Re: [O] Variable settings in .emacs VS cross device portability.

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Variable settings in .emacs VS cross device portability.
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 21:08:58 +0100

Hi Eric,

Eric S Fraga wrote:
> Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I almost never play(ed) with local variables and bind variables, but I
>> wanted to confirm what you see:
>>
>> the local variable is the one set by your bind; but it has no impact on the
>> exported LaTeX file...
>
> Thanks for the confirmation.  At least I am not going completely crazy
> ;-)
>
> Does the local variable setting defined in the file take effect before
> you export?

After saving your file to disk, and opening it:

    ┏━━━━
    ┃ org-export-latex-tag-markup is a variable defined in `org-latex.el'.
    ┃ Its value is "locally set: \\fbox{%s}"
    ┃ Original value was "\\textbf{%s}"
    ┃ Local in buffer examplebug.org; global value is
    ┃ "<what is in my Emacs config file>"
    ┃
    ┃   This variable is a file local variable.
    ┗━━━━

After exporting it to LaTeX, answering yes to the question about allowing to
BIND variables:

    ┏━━━━
    ┃ org-export-latex-tag-markup is a variable defined in `org-latex.el'.
    ┃ Its value is "bound: \\fbox{%s}"
    ┃ Original value was "\\textbf{%s}"
    ┃ Local in buffer examplebug.org; global value is
    ┃ "<what is in my Emacs config file>"
    ┗━━━━

So, yes to your above question...

Best regards,