Re: [O] Sort TODOs in agenda day

From: Jacek Generowicz
Subject: Re: [O] Sort TODOs in agenda day
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 09:03:08 +0100

At Mon, 30 Jan 2012 19:32:01 -0500,
Bernt Hansen wrote:

> Jacek Generowicz <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > In the standard agenda view for any single day, apponintments appear
> > in chronolological order before any TODOs which seem to be ordered
> > accoriding to the order in which they appear in their org files.
> >
> > How could I get the TODOs to be sorted by something like effort-up
> > without breaking the chronological sort of the appointments?
>
> Look at the variable org-agenda-sorting-strategy.

Yes, but how do I instruct it to apply one strategy (time-up) to those
items which appear in the time-grid portion of the day's display (the
appointments), and a different one to the other entries (scheduled
TODOs, deadlines)? Specifically, by adding a command to

    org-agenda-custom-commands

which contains something like

    ((agenda ""
      ((org-agenda-sorting-strategy '(effort-up)))))

messes up the time ordering of appointments for that command.