[O] Feature request for noweb mode that strips references on export

From: Avdi Grimm
Subject: [O] Feature request for noweb mode that strips references on export
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 23:11:15 -0500

Presently there are three noweb modes: yes, no, and tangle. I would
like a fourth, which would behave as follows:

On tangle: normal noweb expansion is performed.
On evaluation: normal noweb expansion is performed.
On export: noweb references are STRIPPED. Not just ignored, but the
lines containing the references are removed before export.

The use case is this: I find myself writing articles where I have a
series of code examples like this:

#+begin_src ruby
  <<boilerplate>>
  2 + 2 # =>
#+end_src

The boilerplate is required to make the sample work, but I don't want
to have the boilerplate code show up in the finished article, because
it would be repeated for every example. I also don't want the noweb
reference to show up in the finished article, because it will confuse
readers and syntax highlighters.

Is this possible now, and/or a feature that could be easily added?

Thanks,

--
Avdi Grimm
http://avdi.org