Re: [O] Possible bug in org-cycle with property drawer

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Possible bug in org-cycle with property drawer
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 09:05:11 +0100

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
> This is quite a hypothetical case: the default value for `org-drawers'
> contains drawers that are hardcoded and correspond to key features: I
> cannot figure out a good reason for *not* having these drawers in the
> configuration.

As a customized variable org-drawers can have any content the user
choses, including none.  Before your change, the documentation said that
drawers can be _defined_ (not added) on a per-file-basis.  Past your
change, documentation now says that drawers can be _added_ on a per-file
basis (minor nit: org-drawers is no longer the corresponding variable to
a file-local setting, but the basis onto which the file-local-setting is
appended).  Existing documents will still define _all_ drawers, not just
the additional ones, however it seems you add them without checking if
they are already present (I'd think add-to-list would be better than
append).

Now, there might be a good reason to have system drawers that the user
can't change easily, but then they should not be defined in org-drawers,
perhaps?

Regards,
Achim.