Re: [O] Possible bug in org-cycle with property drawer

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Possible bug in org-cycle with property drawer
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 08:45:15 -0500

Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Nick,
>
> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > That's it: I had a
> >
> > #+DRAWERS: JUNK GARBAGE TRASH
> >
> > line in the file (and I didn't report it in the original email: blush!
> > sorry about that).  Without it, the property drawer behaves normally.
>
> Thinking again about your problem, I don't find it natural to
> have #+DRAWERS /replacing/ existing drawers specified in `org-drawers',
> instead of just adding new ones.
>
> Do you agree?
>
> The attached patch implements a new meaning for #+DRAWERS, as a way
> to declare "additional" drawers.
>
> Let me know what you think, thanks!

If I've learnt anything from watching the list over the years, it's that
somebody will have a need to replace existing drawers, so be prepared
for that :-)

That said, I can't think of any reason why adding to existing drawers,
instead of replacing them, would lead to problems. So I'm inclined to
agree with you. One question that might arise: are multiple
#+DRAWERS lines legal? and if so, what do they do?

I'll try to take the patch for a spin but I'm not sure when I'll be able
to do it.

Thanks,
Nick