Re: [O] Wrapping of e-mail address in table when exporting to pdf throug

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Wrapping of e-mail address in table when exporting to pdf through latex
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 08:50:15 +0000

Johnny <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have some e-mail addresses in a table that I want to export to pdf
> thorugh latex. However, the e-mail addresses do not wrap nicely (not at
> all) in the table, is there any way to make the latex export from org
> enable wrapping?
>
> Example:
>
>    #+ATTR_LaTeX: align=llp{2cm}
>   | ITEM        | Comment        | e-mail                       |
>   |-------------+----------------+------------------------------|
>   | Listed item | Some text here | address@hidden  |
>   |             |                |                              |

> Thanks!

As you are alluding, this is more a latex problem than an org
one.  Getting an email address to wrap is difficult.  The only solution
I can think of is to suggest a hyphenation point in each email address
you have in the table.

You can suggest hyphenation points using "\-", as in:

  | Listed item | Some text here | address@hidden |

This works, but is not pretty...  but I don't think you have much in the
way of alternative options!

HTH,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.90.1
: using Org-mode version 7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.237.g674bb)