Re: [O] ICS import?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] ICS import?
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 19:21:06 -0500

Russell Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

> It's awkward having to mail folks back and ask that they resend the
> date/time and details as text for me, just so I can manually enter
> them into my calendar.

You don't need to do that: you can save the text/calendar attachment in
a file and then use icalendar-import-file on the file to get it into
your diary.

You can then copy the data from your diary or if you do

   (setq org-agenda-include-diary t)

it will then show up in your agenda and you can copy the data from
*there* into your appt.org or wherever.

I suspect this is quicker (and certainly less awkward) than asking them
to send you text. The only downside is that you will not be a thorn on their
side any more, so they will feel free to continue with their uncivilized
ways - barbarians ;-)

Nick