Re: [O] export-as-hmtl fail

From: Martyn Jago
Subject: Re: [O] export-as-hmtl fail
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 13:02:47 +0000

Hi Aaron

aaron barclay <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello,
>
> When I use a python code block in a document any export-as-html results in
> the error "Invalid file-name". Without a code block the export goes without
> a hitch. Other exports work no probs such as export-as-ascii. The code
> block within the document acts as expected, it is only the export that
> fails. I was on org7.5 but updated to 7.8.03 but have the same result.
>
> Also, it is only the python code blocks that fail, others work.
>
> My babel setup is
>
> (org-babel-do-load-languages
>  'org-babel-load-languages
>   '( (dot . t)
>      (sh . t)
>      (python . t)
>      (emacs-lisp . t)
>    ))
>
> (setq org-babel-python-command "python2.6")
>
> My code block is
>
> #+begin_src python :results output
> print "hi"
>
> #+end_src
>
> #+results:
> : hi
>
> Does anyone have any tips on what I might do to troubleshoot this. Could it
> be something else in my setup or system? Any else ever experienced this?
>
> cheers,
> aaron.

I can't replicate this error (see my versions below). Even breaking
`org-babel-python-command' does not break your code for me in the way
you describe.

For diagnostic purposes, you may run the command:
 - `M-x toggle-debug-on-error'
...prior to exporting as html. This should give you a useful backtrace.

Note also that if you are wishing to export the python results as
opposed to the python code, you will also need :exports results since
the default is `:exports code' .

HTH

Best, Martyn

---
Org-mode version 7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.192.ga38b.dirty)
GNU Emacs 24.0.92.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36)
 of 2011-12-02 on bob.porkrind.org