Re: [O] string joining accumulated noweb references

From: Tom Regner
Subject: Re: [O] string joining accumulated noweb references
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 05:46:47 +0100

Wow - this is /fast/ development :-); now I'm glad my son kept me awake
this night, so that I could check my mails sooner than I normaly would have...

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> Tom Regner <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> I'd rather not change the default silently in this way.
>> I understand that.
>
> My apologies, now that I understand the issue I see that the current
> behavior is most likely confusing and I agree with your original
> suggestion to change the default.

Yes, well -- but changing current behaviour is always tricky -- you
never know, how many people/documents rely on it. That's why I think
that...

>> Example document:
>> --------------------------->%--------------------------------
>> * Subtree
>>   :PROPERTIES:
[...]
> I just pushed up a new customization variable named
> `org-babel-noweb-separator' which is used to join multiple accumulated
> noweb references like the above.  The value defaults to a newline giving
> the same behavior resulting from your patch but can be set to any
> string.

...this change is way better than my proposal; as it now does the "right
thing"™ per default, but existing workflows depending on the old
behaviour are easily mended.

Thanks again -- impressive speed in reacting and thinking, and overall a
polite and civil environment for contributors. I like that.

Kind regards,
Tom