[O] reveal the matches in grep-find or the diffs in ediff and hide the r

From: Michael Brand
Subject: [O] reveal the matches in grep-find or the diffs in ediff and hide the rest
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 16:24:12 +0100

Hi all

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 13:59, Max Mikhanosha <address@hidden> wrote:
> Then use M-x ediff-buffers, and you can navigate changes easily by
> pressing n or p in ediff control panel. I just tried it out and it
> worked pretty good. Only thing that could have worked better, is to
> hook-up ediff with org-reveal or reveal-mode, so that it automatically
> folds all unchanged stuff, and only reveals text in the highlighted
> regions.

hook-up org-reveal when using grep-find or pressing n or p in ediff
control panel sounds like what I have been looking for for a long
time.

Is this documented? I couldn't find it in the Org manual, Emacs
manual, Worg or EmacsWiki. Just enabling reveal-mode before
ediff-buffers alone doesn't seem to do the trick. At least for
grep-find a C-c C-r on each match helps but it would be easier without
when stepping through, similar to M-x occur or
org-occur-in-agenda-files.

How can also drawers be revealed for org-occur etc?

Michael