Re: [O] [BUG] Inconsistency in src block hiding

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [BUG] Inconsistency in src block hiding
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:19:16 -0700

Rick Frankel <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Yes... but I don't think I can configure which drawers I get, and I
>>> don't want my LOGBOOK drawer with all my clock lines in my export.
>>>
>>> -Bernt

>> Yes, but is it possible to hide the drawer name in the HTML export?
>> If drawers are designed to be used as an organization device (and not
>> an outlining device), the drawer delimiters shouldn't be exported to
>> HTML.
>
> It's worse than that. Once wrapped in a RESULTS drawer, the output is
> no longer export.
>
> I aggree w/ Bernt, this has been a major annoyance for me, in fact, i
> was going to post it as a regession (not having seen the original
> post).
>
> I use org-mode for generating a lot of self-documenting code (w/o
> noweb). I generate large images and data tables which i want in the
> export, but don't normally want to see while working in the source
> file.

Well maybe we should roll back this change.  It was an attempt to bring
code block syntax more /inline/ with the rest of Org-mode, but if it
proves to cause usability problems I think that trumps clean design.

I'll wait to see if Nicolas has a solution which is both functional and
conforms to the Org-mode wide syntax norms.  In the mean time the
solution used in the following Org-mode file should provide the desired
functionality.

#+Property: wrap results

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports results
  '((1 2 3 4)