[O] org-tags-column not fully obeyed

From: François Pinard
Subject: [O] org-tags-column not fully obeyed
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:33:11 -0500

A nice day to all my Orger friends!

For a while, I noticed that org-tags-column is not fully obeyed.  I have
it set to -70 from ~/.emacs, and `C-u C-c C-q' repairs the lines having
tags set in another way.  Insertion of new tags works nicely too.

Yet, while wandering around (often through the Agenda), I often find
tags reset as if org-tags-column was -79, or even some more bizarre
places.

I did not find yet under which circumstance the resetting occur.  Did
someone observe the same thing and identified what is going on?  Or even
have a recipe so I could repair either Org or my habits while using it?

François

P.S. I also see frequently see other display problems, which I routinely
repair through org-indent-indent-buffer (thanks to those who helped me
finding this function).  It would be better if I was able to identify
some repeatable usage cases, that I could share here.