Re: [O] funny problem for table of contents when publishing org-latex wi

From: tg
Subject: Re: [O] funny problem for table of contents when publishing org-latex with #+INCLUDE other.org
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:36:54 +0100

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 15:28:25 -0500, jack song wrote:
> I got a funny (or strange) problem when I published to latex with #+INCLUDE
> other org file
>
> problem: if there is no any * first line in the index.org file before the
> #+INCLUDE otherfile.org, there will be no table of contents. Other wise it
> works.

This bug also occured to me, I could reproduce it with the following files
using org-mode 7.7 and 7.8.03:

test.org:
#+TITLE: Test
#+AUTHOR: Foo Bar

start

#+INCLUDE inc.org

end

inc.org:
inc

* Foo

bar

The relevant part of the exported latex document is:

\begin{document}

\maketitle

\setcounter{tocdepth}{3}
\tableofcontents
\vspace*{1cm}
\section{Foo}
\label{sec-1}

bar

\end{document}

Everything is removed between the start of the document and the first section
of the included file.

A workaround is to add a non-exported section to the main file:

test2.org:
#+TITLE: Test
#+AUTHOR: Foo Bar

start

* :NOEXPORT:

#+INCLUDE inc.org

end

In this case the latex export looks like:

test2.tex:
\begin{document}

\maketitle

\setcounter{tocdepth}{3}
\tableofcontents
\vspace*{1cm}

start

\section{Foo}
\label{sec-1}

bar

end

\end{document}

This workaround is not perfect, though, the part before the first section
in the included file is still missing.

> a, No table of contents in latex file, IF index.org is below,

The table of contents remained in the exported document in all cases for me.

--
tg