Re: [O] leave inactive timestamp inactive

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] leave inactive timestamp inactive
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 04:52:12 +0100

Hi John

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 00:35, John Wiegley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Why would you want it to keep an inactive timestamp inactive?

I'd like to update to today and keep inactive e. g. "[2012-01-11 Wed]"
just below a heading or the property ":Opened: [2012-01-11 Wed]" left
from a copy/paste.

> I'd use C-c ! S-<right> RET to do what you're suggesting.

Of course, how could I miss that... When I think of it not as an edit
but as a re-insert then "C-c ! . RET" becomes obvious for my use case.
Thanks for bringing my brain back to work.

Michael