Re: [O] Rsquared for reproductible research

From: brian powell
Subject: Re: [O] Rsquared for reproductible research
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 10:27:37 -0500

Wow! http://rsquared.stat.uni-muenchen.de/index.rhtml looks great--very interesting--thanks for the heads-up on that link.

Worked with R/S/S-PLUS in grad school--easily my favorite language/system--especially like its ease of extensibility--reminds me of EMACS LISP!

I recognized your name, Stephen, as the long-time maintainer of the "Emacs Lisp List"--thanks for that too.
Are you envisioning a repository beyond "Emacs Lisp List" for OrgMode implementations and/or Babel examples.
Or maybe optional extensions to OrgMode itself? Both?

Also, I very much agree that a "near exact replica" of the http://rsquared.stat.uni-muenchen.de/index.rhtml for OrgMode would be great.

Read the 3 papers on the site and came across this reference that may be interesting to OrgMode/R/Literate Programming persons:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/roxygen/index.html

Maybe that could be a focus of such a site if it were made?: OrgMode <=> LiterateProgramming <=> R/Bable/whatever other languages.

--where such topics intersect.