Re: [O] Org-edit-special and C-x C-s strange behavior

From: Leo Alekseyev
Subject: Re: [O] Org-edit-special and C-x C-s strange behavior
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 19:40:42 -0600

> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> What version of org are you using?  I ask because I used to experience
>> the annoyance you describe a while back; more recently (since at least a
>> few months ago), hitting C-x C-s no longer has any negative impact: it
>> saves the file, or at least appears to.
>>
>> You still have to C-c ' to get back to the full buffer, mind you, but
>> that's better, IMO, than changing the behaviour of such a fundamental
>> key binding as C-x C-s.

It appears that this bug is Emacs-version dependent: it functions as
you describe with 23.2, but the buffer gets buried (with an error
message "basic-save-buffer: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil") in
24.0.92.  Org mode is the current git HEAD.  I tried to step through
basic-save-buffer in edebug, but I couldn't catch the error (I'm not
very experienced with edebug).  Can someone test this on Emacs 24 and
confirm what I'm seeing?