[O] :noweb header argument

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: [O] :noweb header argument
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 13:04:07 -1000

Hi Eric,

Is there a difference between :noweb tangle and :noweb no?  Based on the
documentation and some limited testing, I made the following table.

*** :noweb parameters

| param  | eval | tangle | export |
|--------+------+--------+--------|
| yes    | +    | +      | +      |
| no     | -    | +      | -      |
| tangle | -    | +      | -      |
|--------+------+--------+--------|
| need   | +    | +      | -      |

I think it might be good to have a parameter that expands noweb
references on evaluation and tangling, but leaves them alone during
export.  This way the code block would be fully functional, but wouldn't
duplicate code during export (when the noweb references are to other
code blocks in the same document).

In any case, I'll fix the documentation (which incompletely describes
:noweb no) when I have this figured out.

All the best,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813