Re: [O] Footnotes issue with LaTeX export

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Footnotes issue with LaTeX export
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 13:30:54 -0600

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 4:43 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm experiencing an issue similar to this one:
> --- http://osdir.com/ml/emacs-orgmode-gnu/2011-10/msg00544.html
>
> I have a paragraph in which I reference a dollar amount (preceded by "$").
> Attempting to insert a footnote anywhere in that paragraph gets me the
> error "Cannot insert a footnote here."

[...]

> Any suggestions?

Yes: Can you provide an ECM (Complete Minimal Example), and tell the
version of Org you're using?

Sure. Here you are:

-- M-x org-version: Org-mode version 7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.61.g59df6)
-- Emacs: 23.3.1

-- Minimal example:

#+begin_src orgmode
* Header

Test paragraph where I insert a dollar amount of $100.

Test paragraph where I insert a dollar amount of \$100.

Test paragraph where I insert a dollar amount of 100.[fn:1]

* Footnotes

[fn:1] Successful; the first two give the error 'Cannot insert a footnote here'
#+end_src

Also, does M-: (org-inside-LaTeX-fragment-p) return coherent values
(that is nil when point isn't inside a LaTeX fragment) when evaluated
throughout the paragraph?

I don't necessarily understand the debugger (what constitutes a full set of output), but it looks like I might be getting two outputs depending on where I execute that function:

-- One:
  eval((org-inside-LaTeX-fragment p))
  eval-_expression_((org-inside-LaTeX-fragment p) nil)
  call-interactively(eval-_expression_ nil nil)
  recursive-edit()
  byte-code("\306 @\307=\203!

-- The other:
  eval((org-inside-LaTeX-fragment p))
  eval-_expression_((org-inside-LaTeX-fragment p) nil)
  call-interactively(eval-_expression_ nil nil)

Thoughts?

Thanks,
John

Regards,