Re: [O] Agenda buffer and relative links

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] Agenda buffer and relative links
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 12:39:40 -0500

"Sebastien Vauban"
<address@hidden> writes:

> Hi François,

Hello, Sebastien!

> François Pinard wrote:
>> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

>> There is a virtue in relative links which I recognize.  So having an
>> option to force all links to be absolute might not be a solution.

> Would this help you?

>     ┏━━━━
>     ┃ org-link-file-path-type is a variable defined in `org.el'.
>     ┗━━━━

Maybe, I might even end up using it, who knows.  It does not solve the
problem I tried to describe.  Relative links allow for moving whole
hierarchies elsewhere, so the current default Org behaviour is good.

But not good enough for the agenda buffer.  Links do not always work in
there, and this is the problem to solve.  The problem has ramifications.

François

P.S. Nice way to quote, by the way! :-)