Re: [O] How to force redisplay?

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] How to force redisplay?
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 15:17:20 -0500

>> There is a little problem I often observed, about bad vertical
>> alignment of text in Org mode buffers.

> How do you indent your text in the first place?

I do not, at least so far that I know.  Usually, I use a variable number
of stars before a headline, and write text "flushed left" afterwards,
and Org mode usually does exactly what I expect.

> Do you use C-j at the end of line?

No, merely Enter at the end of each paragraph.  Each paragraph is a
single line.  I also managed so M-q (`fill-paragraph') collapse a set of
adjacent lines into a single one.

There is usually no extra space at the beginning of a line (or
paragraph).  Yet, I noticed that If I add some, the whole paragraph is
nicely shifted right on the screen, which is quite nice.

> Do you use `org-indent-mode'?

Yes.

> Also, what Org version do you use?

A fairly recent one, from Git.  Likely one or two days old.

> Anyway, unless you're using `org-indent-mode', pressing TAB on any
> line should indent it correctly.  You can also mark section and call
> `indent-region'.

I do not remember TAB has any indenting effect, but has you say, it
might not be relevant when using `org-indent-mode'.

François