Re: [O] [patch][babel] `org-babel-result-end' bug fix and regression tes

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] [patch][babel] `org-babel-result-end' bug fix and regression tests
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 11:52:38 -0700

Martyn Jago <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi Eric
>
>> Hi Martyn,
>>
>> Unfortunately there is no way to remove raw results because there is no
>> way to know where the results end.  While your patch will certainly work
>> most of the time, it will not work in cases where the results includes
>> an empty line, and ultimately I think any attempt to remove raw results
>> will result in confusion.
>
> Yes I appreciate that would be a problem if there were empty lines. I just
> thought that most of the time is better than none of the time, but I
> understand your choice. Certainly wrap works fine.
>
> I have noticed one small issue regarding :results wrap, which is that an
> extra newline is appended to the end of the result each time
> `org-babel-execute-src-block' is executed. I imagine this can be safely
> removed?

Yes, this should be fixed.  These newline-append issues are tricky as it
can be difficult to fix for one type of result without accidentally
breaking for other types of results.

> There are a few other minor issues also with `org-babel-remove-results'
> that probably should be fixed at some time (regarding append and
> prepend).
>
>> I think this patch should not be applied (although maybe some of the
>> test cases could still be useful).
>
> All the tests supplied with the exception of
> `test-ob/org-babel-remove-result--results-raw' will still pass without
> the change.

Alright, would you be willing to resubmit the patch including only those
tests which should still apply?  This results handling is certainly an
area which will benefit from beefing up the test suite.

Thanks,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/