Re: [O] capture problem

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] capture problem
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 09:33:10 +0100

Hi Thomas,

Thomas S. Dye wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban"
> <address@hidden> writes:
>> Thomas S. Dye wrote:
>>> I'm sometimes running into this error message when I capture:
>>>
>>> condition-case: Capture abort: (quit pasteboard doesn't contain valid data)
>>>
>>> Unfortunately, this doesn't mean anything to me.  The problem arises
>>> after I've been working for a while, but I haven't an idea why it
>>> starts, or any clue to what might trigger it.
>>>
>>> I realize this isn't much to go on, and a long way from an ECM, but I
>>> don't know what to do.  Any ideas on how to track this down will be
>>> appreciated.
>>>
>>> I'm using Org-mode version 7.8.02 (release_7.8.02.13.g0c09a.dirty).
>>
>> Yesterday, with yesterday's update, I've as well have had something similar:
>> capture refused to work, after well having worked previously -- in the same
>> Emacs instance --, and launched me a cryptic reason.
>>
>> Though, the reason was not the same as yours. Maybe because I'm on Windows?
>>
>> Anyway, I should have noted down the message. I just restarted Emacs then,
>> and
>> did not experience any other problem with the capture process.
>>
>> I'll keep you posted otherwise.
>
> I'm still running into this error.  I've found that I don't have to stop
> emacs and restart.  All I have to do is copy a bit of text and then run
> capture.  This seems to work every time.  Presumably, the text copy
> causes the pasteboard to contain valid data.  I still don't know how the
> pasteboard gets invalid data in the first place.

FYI, I never got that problem again... and I'm still capture, not particularly
less or more than before. I don't know what that means...

The fact is that I'm updating Org every day or so. Could it have been fixed in
the meanwhile?  Do you update that often as well?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban