Re: [O] Unable to clock out after "undo"

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Unable to clock out after "undo"
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 16:21:33 -0500

Ab Cd <address@hidden> writes:

> * This is a test
>   CLOCK: [2012-01-05 jeu. 17:30]--[2012-01-05 jeu. 17:30] =>  0:00
>
> Now let's undo, with C-_
>
> Again, as expected, we heve the following:
>
> * This is a test
>   CLOCK: [2012-01-05 jeu. 17:30]
>
> So we're back to the state where a task has been started but not completed,
> right?
>
> Let's try to clock out again (C-c C-x C-o). Now I have 'No active clock'.
>
> It seems that it does the same thing if I close emacs and open it
> again. I was asked if I wanted to clock out before closing, tho.
>
> Is that a bug ? Or did I miss something?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Hi,

The clock timer and the clock text are two separate things.  If you undo
a closed timestamp then you have an open clock -- but there is no
current task clocking since you clocked out and cleared this
information.  The current clocking task is kept track of in variables in
the org-mode codebase.  You can clock the open task in again and then
clock it out to regenerate the closing time for the task.

HTH,
Bernt