Re: [O] Org mode, minted, and non-ASCII

From: brian powell
Subject: Re: [O] Org mode, minted, and non-ASCII
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 10:17:09 -0500

* Firstly, thanks for sending this issue to the group: pygments & minted are very interesting tools for OrgMode/LaTeX persons.

** Read this http://ctan.mackichan.com/macros/latex/contrib/minted/minted.pdf

** And this: http://pygments.org/docs/unicode/

*** Seems that running the pygmetize from the command line has some provisos.

*** Also, noticed this in bold type at http://pygments.org/docs/unicode that might help you:

"Since Pygments 0.6, all lexers use unicode strings internally. Because of that you might encounter the occasional UnicodeDecodeError if you pass strings with the wrong encoding.
The formatters now send Unicode objects to the stream if you don't set the output encoding. You can do so by passing the formatters an encoding option:
from pygments.formatters import HtmlFormatter
f = HtmlFormatter(encoding='utf-8')
You will have to set this option if you have non-ASCII characters in the source and the output stream does not accept Unicode written to it! This is the case for all regular files and for terminals."