Re: [O] The reportmode report does not count the running clock

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] The reportmode report does not count the running clock
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 10:08:38 -0500

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi François,

Hi, Bastien, and everybody.  (By the way, in "Carsten Dominik", may I
assume that "Carsten" is the first name and "Dominik" the family name?
What is the nationality?)

> That's why I tried to gather *all* functions and variables in an .org
> file, which you can see as an appendix.  Did you check it?

Not yet, I'll come to it for sure.

> Org should claim 10% of the time it spares you ;-)

Absolutely.  This is why I initially got involved in GNU, long ago.  It
was absolutely normal to me that I repay the Emacs (and GCC, and Make,
and Bison) author for all the increased productivity and saved time.  (I
honestly think I amply filled my debt, so I'm comfortable.)

By the way, long ago, I signed a generic FSF document for all past,
present and future work for any free software project related to GNU.
Hopefully, it is still valid and I am free from any later paperwork.
(Yet, Richard may decide strange things once in a while.)

> My suggestion is to stick to the current collective workflow: let's
> try to document small things in relevant places (manual or worg) and
> let's avoid Big Projects (bikesheds).

I will not tackle big Org projects unless I really think I'll have
enough free time to finish them :-).

François