Re: [O] The reportmode report does not count the running clock

From: François Pinard
Subject: Re: [O] The reportmode report does not count the running clock
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 10:50:09 -0500

Hello, everybody.  Let me wish you all that the Year Started Well, and
will continue that way all along!

>> It isn't [referred to in the Org mode manual]?  Oops.  I'll prepare a
>> patch for this.

> Note that there is a million variables which are not referred to
> in the manual - simply too many to mention them all.

A million?  You *always* exaggerate! :-)

> It might be useful to mentions this one, otherwise I would urge
> restraint.  A good way to find unknown variables is described here:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-customize.html

The manual should be reference, and should mention all variables.  A
textual search in the manual should yield anything worth finding.
However nicely and carefully the customization has been organized, one
should ideally not have to guess and retry customize branches in hope of
finding something, or peruse the sources, after having tried the manual.

Do not misread me, I'm not at all saying that there is something wrong
with the customization, or the availability of the sources! :-)

Maybe an appendix to the manual could be mechanically generated out of
all customization information, with some Makefile/Emacs machinery for
keeping it up-to-date?  Easier said than done, I know...  But I would
like at least to throw the idea in the field.

François