Re: [O] org-column face

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] org-column face
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 08:21:44 +0100

Hi Bastien

Setting org-column-face did not solve my issues (and in my opinion
should be avoided if possible) but helped me to find out that the
problem is either set-frame-font too late in my large setup or the use
of default-frame-alist even when at the first place. This minimal
setup works for all use cases mentioned earlier:

(set-frame-font "DejaVu Sans Mono-12")
(add-to-list 'load-path "/f/git/org-mode/lisp/")
(require 'org-install)
(require 'org)

Now I am a bit confused why the above works but not

(add-to-list 'default-frame-alist '(font . "DejaVu Sans Mono-12"))
(add-to-list 'load-path "/f/git/org-mode/lisp/")
(require 'org-install)
(require 'org)

because the Emacs info manual mentions default-frame-alist but not
set-frame-font.

Michael