Re: [O] Difficulty with repeater timestamps in agenda

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Difficulty with repeater timestamps in agenda
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 20:34:15 -0500

Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Christian Prothmann <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am relatively new to org-mode (7.8.02). After working with org-mode
> > for several weeks, I came to realize that none of the repeater
> > timestamps or tasks (+1d, 1w or +1m)  show in the agenda timeline
> > unless there is another "one-time" timestamp for the same day.
> > Basically, I am not able to see them? Please advise.
> >
> > Thanks & Happy New Year to all,
>
> Hi Christian,
>
> Please show us an example of a repeater entry that you think should show
> up in your agenda so we can help diagnose your issue.

The OP is talking about the "timeline" in the agenda (C-c a L). This has
been discussed before on the mailing list and it does indeed have the
problem the OP mentions.  The upshot however (afaik) is that "timeline"
is considered obsolete functionality.  There may be different ways to
accomplish what the OP wants however.  See e.g. the extensive thread at

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/39368

Nick