Re: [O] [babel] Is there a way to use edebug on emacs-lisp code blocks ?

From: Marc-Oliver Ihm
Subject: Re: [O] [babel] Is there a way to use edebug on emacs-lisp code blocks ?
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2012 22:01:51 +0100

Am 01.01.2012 21:05, schrieb Nicolas Goaziou:
Hello,

Marc-Oliver Ihm<address@hidden>  writes:

Is there a way to use edebug for debugging my emacs-lisp code blocks ?
(Or is there another preferred way to debug emacs-lisp code in
babel ?)

You can open the block in a temporary buffer, with C-c ', and use C-u
C-M-x from there.

Regards,

Hi Nicolas,

Thanx, that is close ! However, I also need to resolve <<noweb>> references.

Resolving <<noweb>> references is something, that org-babel-expand-src-block
does,
which however is still not what I need, because it only works for #+begin_src
... #+end_src blocks,
but not for #+call: lines and for the arguments, which can be passed.

So, if I have something like:

#+call: foo(1,2)

I cannot see a way to get a buffer with all the code, that foo might expand
into, INCLUDING the assignments for the
arguments 1 and 2.

(If babel would give me such a buffer, than it would be easy to use edebug on
it, I agree.)

So, to be more precise: Is there any command that would expand a full #+call:
line like above
with all its arguments into pure elisp ?

Thanx for your help !