Re: [O] Location of OpenDocument style files should be configurable

From: Ulrich Mueller
Subject: Re: [O] Location of OpenDocument style files should be configurable
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 19:35:35 +0100

>> Let know how things go.

> Looks like the current git head is working fine.

Sorry, I was a bit too fast with my reply. In fact, things are still
broken.

The problem is that when building org-odt.elc (with "make all"), the
value of datadir is ignored. Instead, its value at the time of
"make install" is embedded into the byte-compiled file.

This fails, because Gentoo builds are done in a sandboxed environment,
therefore org-odt.elc will contain some path like
/var/tmp/portage/app-emacs/org-mode-7.8.02-r1/image/usr/share/emacs/etc/org-mode/styles/
instead of the correct /usr/share/emacs/etc/org-mode/styles/.

So, could the build system please be changed, such that the datadir
value at _compile_ time is taken, not at _install_ time? (And of
course, it cannot be assumed that the final datadir exists at compile
time.)

Thanks,
Ulrich