Re: [O] exporting customized timestamps

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] exporting customized timestamps
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 17:29:24 +0100

Hi Matt,

Matt Price <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm trying to understand timestamps a bit better.  I'm exporting my
> syllabus to html, using org2blog for my wordpress course site. The
> syllabus includes a timestamp at the beginning of each week of the
> description.  org-time-stamp-custom-formats is set to:
>
> ("<%m/%d/%Y>" . "<%m/%d/%y %a %H:%M>")
>
> which is sort of the American standard (sidenote: how do I toggle
> between these custom values? I only seem to be able to toggle between
> overlaid and not overlaid).
>
> In Emacs, when I look at my org file, thetimestamp displays just as I
> want it to.  But on export to HTML, the timestamp returns to the ISO
> format ("2011-10-06 Thu").  Is this an inevitable behaviour?

For now yes -- the custom format in your Emacs buffer is just an
overlay, the real text under this overlay still uses the default
format.  And the exporter uses this default format.

This is the kind of shortcomings that we hope we can solve with
the new exporter -- but this needs a lots of rewriting.

HTH,

--
 Bastien