Re: [O] latex command for org-preview-latex-fragment

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] latex command for org-preview-latex-fragment
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 11:06:17 -0500

Ista Zahn <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm having troubel getting org-preview-latex-fragment to work when using
> minted for exported code highlighting. Checking the log files in
> /tmp/orgtex<...>.log I find that tex fails with the error message "Package
> minted Error: You must invoke LaTeX with the -shell-escape flag". OK, that's
> helpful, except that I can't figure out where/how to change the tex command
> called by org-preview-latex-fragment. Is this configurable in org-mode
> settings? Or does it depend on some option in the auctex or preview packages?

I remember flailing about to get everything to work with minted and I
now find out that I did not take notes of what worked :-( However,
looking at my customizations, I find that I have included -shell-escape
in two places:

o org-mode specific: org-latex-to-pdf-process - my setting is the
  default of calling pdflatex three times, so I added the -shell-escape
  option to each of the three elements in that list. If you are using
  texi2dvi, you'll have to do something different: not sure whether you
  can pass it as an option, or whether you will need to modify the script
  itself.

o auctex specific: TeX-expand-list - I customized an entry in that list to read

,----
|  ("%(mode)"
|   (lambda nil
|     (if TeX-interactive-mode "" " --shell-escape -interaction=nonstopmode")))
`----

AFAIK, those are the only changes needed.

Nick